Starters Golf Kampenhout
|Step by step to becoming a golfer:|
1. Sign up for golf lessons with one of our three golf professionals:
- John (TEL: 0476 69 73 49)
- Andrew (TEL: 0471 29 32 45)
- Alex (TEL: 0493 18 85 01)
3. After passing your exams, you have a handicap 45 and licence to go on the golf course.
4. Sign in on ‘‘GC Kampenhout Rabbits’, which is a Whats-app group where you can meet fellow (starter) players and organize a flight together.
5. Start with playing 9 hole competitions (rabbit competitions) in order to achieve handicap 39 to join the 18 hole competitions.
|As a starter you can use:|
- The practice facilities as much as you want.
- On the chipping area, putting green and practice holes, you must use your own balls.
- Driving range balls are only to be used on the driving range.
- A ball card for the driving range can be purchased at the pro shop.
|Test your golf knowledge|
- Take the R&A golf quiz here: https://www.randa.org/Rog/2019/Pages/Quiz
- Visit Golf Vlaanderen here: https://www.golfvlaanderen.be/voor-golfers/golfregels
- When you have the approval from your golf professional to take the exam, you need to register at the secretary's office.
- This is a 9 hole playing exam on your ability which is played from our starter tees and need to score 18 stableford points on 9 holes.
- These exams are supervised by members of the sports committee and experienced golfers.
- The upcoming dates for theoretical and practical exams will be displayed on this page.
- Secretaries office: 016/ 65 12 16
- Captain starters: Philip Vandenheuvel
!! DRIVING RANGE BALLS ARE FORBIDDEN ON THE COURSE !!!
- Practice area consists of a driving range, chipping and putting green.
- Practice holes consist of three compact holes of 100-130 meters which you can find between hole 8 and hole 11 on our course.
- Ball Marker: this can be used to mark your ball on the green.
- Pitchfork: this is used to repair the ball mark on the green when the ball lands from height onto the green.
- Flag: this is a visual marker to let you know where the hole is.
- Driver: the longest golf club in your bag and is used for teeing off.
- Woods: used for the long distance shots from the fairway or from the tee.
- Irons: used for the precise shots where you need more control.
- Sand wedge: this club has more loft so it is used in the bunker and for short distances.
- Putter: this club has a straight face and is used on the green.
- Golf shoes: shoes with a special sole which provide grip and give stability.
- Hole-in-one: one shot in the hole.
- Albatros: three strokes less than par.
- Eagle: two strokes less than par.
- Birdie: one stroke less than par.
- Par: the number of strokes a handicap 0 is expected to have.
- Bogey: one stroke over par.
- Double bogey: two strokes over par.